A word from Ron Pollak on Negotiating
While this negotiating course is designed for experienced sales people, we often find non-sales people attend because the process is so well defined that it works in all situations. The course covers skills, processes and tactics of negotiating so that you can develop win/win agreements and build strong relationships to generate ongoing business.
World Class Training
Negotiations come at various levels. Each step in a sale or purchase might be a negotiation. Negotiations also occur between managers and their staff and they occur away from work too.
You will experience the challenges and pressures of negotiation from ‘both sides of the table’. You will examine buyers’ perspectives; how they prepare, purchasing policies, the language they use and their ’10 Commandments’, giving valuable insight into how they approach negotiations.
You will leave equipped to plan your strategy, execute it effectively and conclude a deal without giving away your profit.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be expected to:
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognise the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles, their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognising options.
- Have the opportunity to practice the “how to” of these skills in a supportive environment.
Who Will Benefit
- Anyone who has to conduct negotiations.
- Although the course is principally designed for Salespeople, Buyers, Sales Managers and Key Account Executives, it is equally suitable for any other executives (e.g. Accountants) who are involved in commercial negotiating.
Prerequisite: You will need to have completed your DISC Sales profile prior to attending this course. Ron Pollak Training can organise a tailored DISC Sales report for you at an additional cost of $275.
- Selling And Negotiation—What’s the difference?
- The Negotiating Sequence—what to do:
- Phase 1: Before the Negotiation
- Phase 2: During the Negotiation
- Phase 3: After the Negotiation
- Tradeable Variables
- Tradeable Variable Strategy
- Trading Variables
- Negotiating in Three Dimensions
- Tactics, Deal Design and Set-Up
- Who Really Matters?
- Negotiation Conventions
- Eight Sources of Power
- Rules of Power
- Deception Theory
- Your Negotiation Style
- Behavioural Styles and Negotiation
- Barriers to Successful Negotiation
- Common Tactics And How to Manage Them
- Beginning Tactics
- Middle Tactics
- Ending Tactics
- Negotiating on Price
- Believe In Yourself
- Dealing With Discount
- Make the first move – a strategic choice